Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Bean and Bacon Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Bean and Bacon Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Bean and Bacon Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Good For You.
Almost every single article about reducing your weight and getting healthy tells readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague and to perform all of their own cooking. This is actually good information. Once in a while, though, you totally do not want to make a full meal for your family or even just for yourself. Once in a while you only want to check out the drive through when you are on your way home and complete the day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be authorized to do this and not be tormented by guilt about slipping on your diet. This can be done because plenty of the popular fast food destinations are trying to make their menus better now. Here is how you can find appropriate food choices at the drive through.
Aim for the side dishes. It has not been that long ago that all you could get at the fast food diner was French Fries. Now virtually all of the famous fast food places have widened their menus. Now plenty of them provide salads. You could get chili. Baked potatoes may also be bought. You can get fruit. There are plenty of healthy options that do not consist of putting something deep fried into your body. Instead of the pre-determined “meal deals” try to create a meal consisting of side dishes. This makes it possible for you to keep the calorie count low and lower your fat intake.
Standard logic tells us that one certain way to get healthy and lose weight is to by pass the drive through and to remove fast food restaurants from your thoughts. Most of the time this is a good plan but if you make good choices, there is not any reason you can’t visit your drive through from time to time. Every now and then, allowing someone else cook dinner is just the thing you need. There isn’t any reason to feel bad about visiting the drive through when you make healthy and balanced decisions!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to bean and bacon soup recipe. You can cook bean and bacon soup using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Bean and Bacon Soup:
- Prepare 1 lb. bacon, diced
- Take 1 small onion, chopped
- Take 1 cup carrots, diced
- Use 1 cup celery, diced
- Get 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Use 4 cups chicken broth
- Get 3 (15.5 oz.) cans Great Northern beans, drained
- Provide 1 (15 oz.) can Tomato sauce
- Prepare to taste salt and pepper
Instructions to make Bean and Bacon Soup:
- Dice bacon and cook over medium high heat in a large Dutch oven.
- When cooked and crispy, place in a paper towel lined bowl and set aside.
- Dice onion, carrots and celery.
- Leave 2 Tbsp. of the bacon grease in pot and saute diced onion, celery, carrots and garlic until tender.
- Add in beans, chicken broth and salt and pepper. You do not need that much salt as the bacon will be salty already.
- Heat to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 1 hour.
- Open lid and bask in the aroma… :)
- Using a ladle, remove half of soup and place in a blender, blend on low until incorporated.
- Place back into pot and add the can of tomato sauce and 3/4 of the cooked bacon.
- Continue to heat on low until soup is warm and bubbly.
- Top with remaining bacon. Enjoy!
If you find this Bean and Bacon Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.