Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Japanese Katsu Curry - Chicken, Pork & Shrimp recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Japanese Katsu Curry - Chicken, Pork & Shrimp recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthful Fast Food.
Almost every single “get healthy” and “weight loss” document you go through will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is really very true. But occasionally the last thing you wish to do is prepare a whole dinner for yourself and your family. Sometimes you just want to reach the drive through on the way home and call it a day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be authorized to do this and not be plagued by shame about slipping on your diet. This is because many of the famous fast food restaurants on the market are trying to “healthy up” their choices. Here is the way to find healthy food choices at the drive through.
Concentrate on the sides. Not that long ago, the sole side dish item at a fast food restaurant was French fries. Now many of the fast food menus have been widened a great deal. Now quite a few of them offer salads. You can also choose Chili. You could possibly get baked potatoes. You could possibly get fruit. There are many healthy options that do not include putting something deep fried into your body. When you buy your supper through a drive through window, select side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. This can help you keep your calorie count low and lessen your fat intake.
Traditional logic tells us that one certain way to get healthy and lose fat is to drop the drive through and to remove fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While this is usually recommended all you need to do is make a couple of good selections and traveling to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Sometimes the best thing is to let other people produce your dinner. If you ultimately choose healthy products, the shame usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to japanese katsu curry - chicken, pork & shrimp recipe. You can have japanese katsu curry - chicken, pork & shrimp using 25 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Japanese Katsu Curry - Chicken, Pork & Shrimp:
- Provide KATSU FRY:
- Take 1 piece Chicken Breast
- Prepare 7 pieces Shrimp
- Provide 2 pieces Pork Cutlet
- Get 1-2 pieces Egg
- Get 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- Use 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- Provide 2 cups Oil
- Use Iodized Salt
- Take Ground Black Pepper
- You need CURRY SAUCE:
- Use 2 tbsp Oil
- You need 1 bulb Garlic
- Take 2 pieces White Onion
- Get 2 pieces Carrot
- Use 2 pieces Potato
- Take 1 piece Red Bell Pepper
- Take 1 liter Water
- Take 4 cubes Curry Roux
- Take 3 tbsps Honey
- Use 3 tbsps Tomato Ketchup
- Prepare SIDES:
- Get 3 cups Rice
- You need 3 pieces Egg
- Prepare Fukujinzuke
Steps to make Japanese Katsu Curry - Chicken, Pork & Shrimp:
- PREPARE THE VEGETABLES: Chop the garlic. Slice the onion. Cut the carrot and potatoes into cubes, about 1-inch thick. Cut the bell pepper into squares, about 3/4-inch. ©homebasedchef
- COOK THE CURRY SAUCE: Heat the pot over medium-high heat (160C). Add oil and sauté the garlic, followed by the onion. Add the carrots, potatoes and bell pepper and continue to stir for 5 minutes. Add 1L of water and boil for about 10 minutes. Lower down the heat (120C) and add in the curry roux. Mix very well to make sure that the curry roux are all diluted.
- Add in the honey and tomato ketchup and mix well. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure that the sauce doesn't stick on the bottom of the pot. The sauce will start to thicken. Turn the heat to low (70C) and continue cooking for 5-10 more minutes until the carrots and potatoes are cooked to your desired tenderness. You'll notice that the potatoes become smaller compared to its original cut size; the starch of the potato actually helps thicken the sauce.
- PREPARE THE MEATS FOR THE KATSU FRY: Make sure to wash the chicken, shrimp and pork with clean water and then drain them. - - To split the chicken breast in half: Place the boneless skinless chicken breast on a cutting board and hold it flat with your non-dominant hand. Then using a sharp knife, slice the chicken breast horizontally into two even pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- To butterfly the shrimp: Pull off the heads and legs then peel off the shell leaving the tails on. Gently run the knife at the shrimp's back and remove the digestive tract or vein by lifting it out or by using a paper towel. If the vein breaks, run water through it to clean. Then make shallow slits on the shrimp to flatten and spread it like butterfly wings. Season with salt and pepper.
- To tenderize the pork: Make sure you have removed the skin to avoid curling when frying. Use the mallet to break up the muscle fibers of the meat. Do this on both sides of the meat until the thickness is reduced to half. If you don't have a mallet, you can use: - a knife, a fork or your fist. Season with salt and pepper.
- BREAD THE MEAT: Prepare your breading assembly line. You need three bowls or containers - for all-purpose flour, beaten egg, and breadcrumbs. Cover the meat in flour and shake off the excess. Dip the meat in the egg. Cover the meat in breadcrumbs.
- COOK THE KATSU FRY: Heat frying oil in a pan. Make sure it is hot enough before you place your meat in it. To test, when you see the oil producing bubbles on the surface of the pan, drop a small piece of breadcrumb. If the oil reacts as desired, you can start frying. If the sample breadcrumb seems to absorb to oil, wait a bit til the oil is ready. Deep fry the meat until golden brown, make sure to flip on the other side for even cooking… chicken, shrimp and pork are pretty fast to cook.
- SERVE TO YOUR FAMILY: Curry is best served with steamed rice! Grab a plate, scoop a cup of steamed rice and spread it on the left part of the plate. Scoop a portion of the curry sauce, make sure to include potatoes, carrots and bell pepper and place it on the right part of the plate overlapping some of the rice. Place your preferred katsu meat on top of the curry sauce. And for the sides, you can add soft-boiled egg and fukujinzuke or pickled daikon radish. YUM!
If you find this Japanese Katsu Curry - Chicken, Pork & Shrimp recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.