Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Okra sambar recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Okra sambar recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Here Are A Few Simple Explanations Why Eating Apples Is Good.
Everyone has heard the phrase “an apple a day will keep the doctor away”, however the question is, is this genuinely a true statement. This is something which many individuals live by and they also make sure their children are eating at least one apple a day. This specific thought can be found in country’s all around the world and men and women follow it as gospel with out ever finding out why they should eat an apple a day. In our research we have discovered why you are told to eat an apple a day and we’ll be revealing that with you here.
So what can all these minerals and vitamins do for the overall health of your body. As I am confident you know, research is being done all the time and there have been studies that have been done that show that apples can reduce some cancer risks. And on the actual list of cancers in which apples can help ward off is colon cancer and even lung cancer. That fact alone ought to be enough to make sure men and women are eating at least one apple a day.
In conclusion, I guess an apple a day actually can keep the doctor away and now you know why. In this post we just covered a few of the benefits of eating an apple a day. Every one of the benefits would take us too much time to include in this article, but the information is out there. So do yourself a favor and grab some apples the very next time you go to the grocery store. These apples can end up helping you to live a longer and also healthier life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to okra sambar recipe. You can cook okra sambar using 20 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Okra sambar:
- Provide 1/3 Cup Tuvar dal
- Take 20 Shallots slice into two
- Provide Pinch Hing
- Provide 1.5 Cups Water
- Prepare 12 Okra
- Take 1 Tomato chopped
- Take 3 tsp Sambar powder
- Provide 1/4 tsp Red chilli powder
- Prepare 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Use As needed Salt
- You need 1 tbsp Gingelly oil
- Get 1 Amla size Tamarind soak in warm water
- Use leaves To garnish Coriander
- Get To Temper:
- Take 2 tbsp Gingerlly oil
- Get 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- Take 1/2 tsp Urad dal
- Get 2 Dry chilli
- Use 2 Spring Curry leaves
- Use Pinch Hing
Instructions to make Okra sambar:
- Soak tamarind in warm water for about 15 minutes. Squeeze the juice and keep aside. - - Cook tuvar dal in pressure cooker with shallot, hing and pinch of salt. - - When pressure released open the lid and mash the dal. Keep this aside.
- Heat oil in kadai add chopped okra. Saute for 3 minutes in medium flame. Don't burn it. - - Once okra cooked add cubed tomato. Again saute for couple of minutes. - - Add mashed lentils. Then add 1 cup of water, tamarind pulp, chilli powder, turmeric powder, sambar powder and enough salt.
- Stir well. Reduce the flame to sim and cook for another 10 minutes until okra becomes tender. Don't overcook the okra, as it turns mushy. - - Now heat oil in another small pan add mustard seeds, urad dal. Once mustard crackled add dried chilli, curry leaves and hing. Once done add this to sambar and switch off the flame for sambar. - - Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice. #mycookbook
If you find this Okra sambar recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.