Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Unstuffed Shells recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Unstuffed Shells recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Helping Your Heart with The Right Foods.
You already realize that the body requires a heart that is strong and healthy. Think about it: if your heart isn’t healthy then the rest of you won’t be either. You already know that exercising regularly and following a healthy lifestyle both factor to a great extent into the overall health of your heart. Did you already know, however, that there are some foods that can help you have a healthy heart? Continue reading to find out which foods are beneficial for your heart.
Know that fish is basically the healthiest food you can eat. You may already be aware of this as you’ve in all probability been told to ensure that you consume fish at least a couple of times a week. This is especially true for those with heart problems or are worrying that their hearts aren’t healthy. Fish is packed full of Omega 3’s which work to process cholesterol and turn it into healthy energy. Try to consume fish in two meals each week.
There are a whole lot of foods that you can include in your diet that will be great for your body. Without a doubt, the foods discussed in this article can help your body in all sorts of ways. They are particularly wonderful, however, for helping you keep your heart healthy. Try to start incorporating these healthy foods in your diet daily. Your heart is going to be a lot heartier if you do!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to unstuffed shells recipe. To make unstuffed shells you need 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Unstuffed Shells:
- You need basic sized shell pasta
- Prepare olive oil
- You need yellow onion, diced
- Prepare garlic, minced
- Get ground beef (or turkey or sausage)
- Use unsalted crushed tomatoes
- Prepare unsalted diced tomatoes
- Get each dried basil, brown sugar
- Get salt, Italian seasoning
- Use each dried oregano, pepper
- You need heaping cups spinach, chopped
- Prepare ricotta cheese
- Use freshly shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Take freshly grated parmesan cheese
Steps to make Unstuffed Shells:
- Begin by cooking the shell pasta according to package directions. Then drain the shells, return them to the pot and set it aside. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13" baking pan with foil and grease it. Set this aside also.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the onion and beef and cook, stirring often and breaking up the meat as it cooks, until it is no longer pink. Drain any excess fat out.
- Add the garlic to the cooked beef and cook for a minute or so, until fragrant. Then add the crushed tomato, diced tomato, brown sugar and all seasonings, along with the spinach. Once the spinach wilts, remove it from the heat.
- Pour the beef mixture into the pot with the drained shells. Add in the ricotta cheese and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella and stir it all together.
- Pour the shell mixture into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and parmesan evenly over the top and cover with a piece of foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove the top foil and bake uncovered for 10 more minutes, until everything is heated through and the cheese is golden. Serve immediately and refrigerate any leftovers.
If you find this Unstuffed Shells recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.