Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you're looking for Turkey Shepherd's Pie (Low Carb) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Turkey Shepherd's Pie (Low Carb) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Turkey Shepherd's Pie (Low Carb) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Should Eat.
You already are aware that the body requires the heart to be healthy. After all, if your heart is unhealthy then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy also. You already know that working out on a regular basis and leading a healthy lifestyle both factor heavily into the overall health of your heart. However, are you aware that there are a number of foods that have been found to help you improve the health of your heart? In this article, you will discover which foods are beneficial for your heart.
Have you ever heard the phrase “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”? The truth is that apples have plenty of good stuff in them to help keep your heart in good condition. They are high in soluble fiber which scrubs your artery walls so that cholesterol and fat can’t amass or cause blockages. Eating just one Red Delicious apple each day can make your LDL levels go down by as much as 8%. That’s a terrific number for somebody who wants a healthier heart.
There are tons of foods that you can add to your diet that will be beneficial for your body. The truth is that each of the foods that we’ve talked about here can help your body in lots of different ways. They are especially wonderful, however, for promoting a healthy heart. Try to start incorporating these healthy foods in your diet each day. Your heart will thank you for it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to turkey shepherd's pie (low carb) recipe. You can have turkey shepherd's pie (low carb) using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Turkey Shepherd's Pie (Low Carb):
- Provide 1 head Cauliflower (chopped florets)
- Get 5 clove Garlic (minced or pressed)
- Get 1/4 cup Green onions (chopped)
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp Butter (all natural!)
- Prepare 1 medium Yellow onion (diced)
- Provide 2 tbsp Sour cream
- Take 3/4 cup Shredded cheese
- Take 1/4 cup Sweet pepper (color of choice, diced)
- Use 1/4 cup Carrots (diced)
- Get 1/4 cup Broccoli (chopped florets)
- Prepare 1/4 cup Celery (diced)
- Provide 1 can Kernel corn (strained, rinsed)
- Use 1/2 cup Ham (diced)
- Provide 1 lb Ground turkey
- Take 2 tbsp Olive or coconut oil
- Prepare 2 tsp Rosemary, fresh (minced)
- Take Sea salt
- Provide Fresh ground pepper
Instructions to make Turkey Shepherd's Pie (Low Carb):
- Boil cauliflower until very tender. (About 40 minutes on medium heat) They should be so tender, minimal effort is needed to mash them.
- Strain cauliflower. Pat it dry carefully with a paper towel. Get as much moisture out as possible. If not, they become runny!
- Mash with sour cream, butter, 1/4 cup of cheese, green onions and 2 cloves of garlic. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Sauté ham, yellow onion and garlic cloves (3). Caramelize and set aside in a bowl.
- In the same pan as the ham, add oil and cook the ground turkey, salt and pepper. Toss in the veggies except corn. When nearly done, toss in ham, corn and Rosemary. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes,
- Using a casserole pan (I used a 13x9), spread meat mixture evenly. (I had to strain out some liquid.). Spread the mash directly over the meat mixture and spread evenly. Sprinkle remaining cheese evenly on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Let cool. Enjoy!
- Tip - deglaze pan after cooking ham with chicken broth. Adds a deeper flavor!
If you find this Turkey Shepherd's Pie (Low Carb) recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.