Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Strawberry Gallette recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Strawberry Gallette recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Should Eat.
You already know that the body needs a healthy heart. Think about this: How can the rest of your body continue to be healthy if your heart is in bad shape? You already know that exercising regularly and adopting a healthy lifestyle both factor heavily into the overall health of your heart. Are you aware, though, that several specific foods are great for making your heart be healthier? In the following paragraphs, you will find out which foods are great for your heart.
Beans, believe it or not, are really good for the health of your heart. The after effects of consuming beans may not be so pleasant to smell, but they’re terrific for your body. This doesn’t mean that the simple act of eating beans will counteract the effects of other unhealthy foods you might be consuming. What we mean is that substituting in pinto beans or edamame for the chicken on your salad or eating a soy burger rather than a beef hamburger is a great idea. Fortunately, beans are very good tasting and you never know, you might prefer them to your hamburgers and chicken.
There are a whole lot of foods that you can consume that will be great for your body. It’s true that everything discussed in this article can help your body in numerous ways. They are particularly good for the heart, though. Try to begin consuming these foods regularly. Your heart will be so much better if you do!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to strawberry gallette recipe. You can have strawberry gallette using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Strawberry Gallette:
- Get 1.25 cup all-purpose flour
- Provide 1/4 cup cornmeal
- Take 1 tablespoon sugar
- Provide 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Provide 4 ounces butter – cold
- Get 1/2 cup milk – cold
- Get Filling-(Make 5 minutes before you need it)
- Provide 1/4 cup sugar
- Use 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Get 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- You need 2 cups strawberries- sliced
- You need as needed milk
- Take as needed sugar
- Prepare 2 ounces melted -apricot preserves-(microwave works best)
Steps to make Strawberry Gallette:
- Sift together the dry ingredients
- Cut the cold butter into the dry ingredients until the size of peas.
- Add the milk to the dry ingredients, Mix with a bowl scraper gently incorporating the liquid with the dry. Mix until it is a consistent dough. If it is dusty and you see flour add a little milk if it seems to wet dust with flour.
- Form the dough into two balls, cover with plastic wrap and flatten each into a disk.
- Refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes or overnight
- Place the dough on a lightly floured table; Roll each piece to 1/8" thick circle about 8 inches in diameter.
- Dust off any excess flour, Transfer the dough to a parchment lined sheet pan.
- FILLING: Combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon. Toss this mixture with the berries 5 minutes before you need it.the sugar will dissolve and create a sauce. (Important not to do it to early)
- Assembly: Place half of the Strawberry, mixture in the center of each dough circle leaving a 2-3" border. Bring up the sides of the dough pleating the edges around the tart.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle sugar over the tart. (I am a fan of more sugar not less:)
- Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown and delicious. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes melt 2 ounces or apricot jelly or preserves and brush the Gallete it will make the pastry and berries shinny and taste.
If you find this Strawberry Gallette recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.